Aligarh Muslim University (AMU) Admissions 2016-2017
AMU Admissions 2016 – 2017 Aligarh Muslim University
Aligarh Muslim University has released the schedule and details for AMU admission 2016 – 2017 for various courses. AMU Admission 2016 Schedule for important entrance examinations are given below. The candidates who want to apply for AMU Admission 2016 are advised to carefully read the Information Brochure. AMU 2016 Admissions to all courses of study are open to Indian Nationals only. Candidates having other nationalities should refer to the relevant Guide for them. AMU Eligibility rules for each course shall be strictly followed and shall not be relaxed under any circumstance. Candidate should satisfy himself / herself that he / she fulfills the eligibility requirements prescribed for Aligarh Muslim University Admission to the concerned course of study.
AMU Admission 2016
The University has 12 Faculties Agricultural Sciences, Arts, Commerce, Engineering & Technology, Law, Life Sciences, Medicine, Management Studies & Research, Science, Social Sciences, Theology, Unani Medicine, each comprising of several Departments of Studies. Details of admission to each of the department is given here for candidates seeking admission in any of the courses offered by AMU.
Candidates are required to fill separate AMU Application Forms for each course of study as detailed in the Guide. However, candidates should submit a single Application Form for courses for which a combined Test is to be conducted.
- Application Forms
- Application Form Status
- Admit Card
- Answer Keys
- Entrance Exam Pattern and Syllabus
Course-wise Admission information
- AMU MBBS/BDS
- AMU MBA
- Distance Education
AMU 2016 Admission Exam Dates
|AMU Entrance Exam||Date|
|MD / MS / MDS / PG Diploma||27 Jan 2016|
|MBBS / BDS (Tier I)||10 Apr 2016|
|Master of Agribusiness Management||16 Apr 2016|
|M.Sc Biotechnology||17 Apr 2016|
|B.Tech / B.Arch||24 Apr 2016|
|LLM||26 Apr 2016|
|Diploma in General Nursing||27 Apr 2016|
|MLI Sc||28 Apr 2016|
|M.Ed||29 Apr 2016|
|MA Mass Communication||30 Apr 2016|
|CET (Professional Courses)||2 May 2016|
|MFC / MTA||2 May 2016|
|B. Com (Hons.) / BA (Hons.) / B.Sc (Hons.)||8 May 2016|
|BLI Sc.||10 May 2016|
|SSSC (Science) / Diploma in Engineering||15 May 2016|
|SSSC (Humanities / Commerce)||16 May 2016|
|BE (Evening)||18 May 2016|
|B. Ed / MBA / MBA (IB)||22 May 2016|
|BA LLB||23 May 2016|
|BUMS / Pre-Tib||24 May 2016|
|MSW||25 May 2016|
|MCA / BSW||28 May 2016|
|MBBS / BDS (Tier II)||01 Jun 2016|
|Dip in Computerized Shoe Design & dev. / B.Voc. Degree||13 Jun 2016|
A candidate shall be eligible to apply for admission 2016 to a course of study if he / she has passed the qualifying examination and also fulfills all other eligibility requirements in terms of subjects studied, percentage of marks, age, etc. Candidates awaiting result of qualifying examination may also apply for admission with the clear stipulation that in the event of their selection they will be entitled to admission only if they fulfill all eligibility requirements of concerned course of study at the time of admission.
Books recommended for AMU Entrance Exam
|AMU Explorer for Medical||Click Here|
|Solved Papers for AMU Medical Entrance Exam||Click Here|
|NCERT Xtract – Objective Physics, Chemistry, Biology||Click Here|
|Solved Papers for AMU Engineering Entrance Exam||Click Here|
|AMU Explorer for Engineering||Click Here|
AMU Application Form
Candidates are required to fill separate Application Forms for each course of study as detailed in this Guide. However, candidates should submit a single Application Form for courses for which a combined Test is to be conducted.
- Candidate should clearly specify his/her order of preference of Course / Branch / Main Subject / Stream / Specialization from among those listed under the course of study concerned.
- The order of preference indicated in the Application Form will not be changed.
- Application No./ ROLL No./ Transaction ID should be quoted for all queries or correspondence and at the time of submission of required documents.
- The documents submitted without mentioning Application No./ R.No./ Transaction ID will not be considered.
While applying for various courses in AMU, the candidate is advised to consult the schedule of Admission / Departmental Test which appears under each course of study, wherever applicable, so as to ensure that there is no clash in the Test schedule of various courses for which the candidate is applying for admission. The University assumes no responsibility if the candidate has opted for more than one course of study for which the Tests have been scheduled simultaneously.
Confused if qualifying test result rank list not available?
- If the candidate’s prescribed result of qualifying examination has not been declared on the last date of submission of the marks sheet of the qualifying examination, then he/she may submit self-attested copy of his/her Internet Downloaded Marks Sheet.
- The same shall be subject to verification from the Original Marks Sheet at the time of admission and in case of any discrepancy in the marks of individual subjects or aggregate, the offer of admission shall stand cancelled and no representation shall be entertained.
After applying for admission, candidate will be able to download admit card if there is entrance exam for that course.
AMU Eligibility for Admissions
The details of courses of studies and the eligibility requirement for admission to each course have been outlined in the Aligarh Muslim University (AMU) Admissions 2016 Guide. Candidate must read the eligibility conditions relevant to the course applying for and ensure that they meet the requirements before applying.
Some points to be noted with regards the eligibility conditions are outlined below.
For admission to a Course in the Faculties of Arts, Social Sciences, Science and Life Sciences where the qualifying examination is Bachelor’s degree, the candidates must ensure that they fulfill the eligibility requirement in terms of qualifying examination in respect of the Main Subject / Subsidiary Subject(s) / Major Subject(s) defined as follows
- Main Subject: The subject studied by the candidate in the First Year, Second Year and as only one subject in the Third Year at Bachelor’s degree level.
- Subsidiary Subjects: Besides Main subject, other two subjects (excluding Compulsory / Vocational Subjects) studied by the candidate in the First Year and Second Year at Bachelor’s degree Level.
- Major Subject: If the candidate has studied only two subjects in the Third Year at Bachelor’s degree level from amongst the three subjects (excluding Compulsory / Vocational Subjects) studied in the First Year and Second Year, the same will be designated as Major Subject(s).
B.A./B.Sc./B.Com./B.Th./B.Sc.(Agriculture) degrees prescribed as the eligibility requirement for various Course of Studies in this Guide are three year Degree Courses under the 10+2+3 system of education.
Definition of Internal/External: An Internal candidate is one who has passed the qualifying examination conducted by THIS University as a regular student not earlier than THREE (3) academic years from the date of admission to the Course he/she is seeking admission to. And all other candidates shall be treated as External. Internal candidates should submit relevant documents with their Application Form in support of internal status, failing which they will be considered as External candidates
Age Limit for AMU Admission
- For Sr. Sec. School Certificate/ Diploma Engineering. Courses – Maximum Age Limit 19 / 21 years
- For Graduate Courses (UG Courses) – Maximum Age Limit 24 years
- For Postgraduate Courses (PG courses) – Maximum Age Limit 27 years
Maximum Age Limit should be reckoned on 31 December of the year. Age Limit as prescribed by the regulatory bodies wherever applicable should stand for that course.
NB: The Age Limit shall not be applicable in the Faculty of Medicine / Unani Medicine and for Foreign Nationals / NRIs and for those courses where Statutory Bodies
AMU Exam Centres
Find AMU Entrance Test centers where a list of cities where Admission Test for various courses of studies is to be held is given below. Candidates are required to mention in the column provided during fill-up online Application Form their preference of Admission Test Centres against the available Test Centre options for various courses:
For more information regarding AMU Admission 2016 refer to the Information Brochure.